While I was pregnant with my daughter my husband was adamant that we take a babymoon. One last trip, as adults, before we signed that right away for at least the next five to eighteen years. He wanted to go to Hawaii and I was totally ready to sign off on that plan and hop on a plane, unfortunately, my body wasn’t on board and I started getting motion sickness during my second trimester. Just sitting in the car was making me sick to my stomach, how the heck was I going to sit on a plane for five hours? Disneyland was our next choice and happens to be a little bit less than a six hour drive from my house.Here are some of the reasons that I thought a babymoon at disneyland was the perfect option for our family.
- Location, Location, Location. If you live on the west coast it’s pretty easy to get to if you fly or drive. Not to mention that there is a lot to do in the general vicinity.
- It’s a no stress vacation. Disneyland isn’t anything like WDW. It’s much more go with the flow. You don’t have to do dining way in advance. There’s no need to worry about fast passes, you can really take the day as it comes at you.
- Get some stuff for baby. The day before we left for our baby moon I had my gender ultra sound. I was so excited to find out I was having a girl and immediately started thinking about all the cool stuff I could buy her at Disneyland. Not to mention all the ADORABLE baby clothes.
- Stay on property. At 17 weeks I was getting tired very easily. 2 o’clock was nap time. We decided to splurge and stay at the Disneyland Hotel. It’s by far our favorite because of the vibe and wonderful cast members. It limits having to walk a ton like you would staying anywhere on Harbor Blvd. or having to deal with getting into the Mickey and Friends parking garage. Getting to watch the fireworks from the room (if I managed to stay awake that long) was also an awesome perk. (If you can’t stay on property HERE are some off site hotels we recommend.)
- All the glorious food. We took the time to really enjoy some of the food options at Disneyland. We went to Carthay Circle and did the World of Color package for dinner. Napa Rose or Steak House 55 would also be amazing places to go for dinner. We knew it was going to be a long time coming before we had a nice dinner together after Kaitlyn was born.
Have any of you guys done your babymoons at a Disney resort? Did you love it or hate it? Let me know in the comments.
Check out our article about the Disneyland Hotel! Click here!
Want to know about our favorite good neighbor hotels? Check out this article.